Frontline Plus Review: Flea Drops for Dogs & Cats
Highly trusted and effective for flea prevention, Frontline Plus can be used both to combat an existing flea infestation and to prevent any new fleas from making a home on your dog or cat.
The flea drops are a “spot-on” treatment, meaning that the you apply a liquid applicator on your pet’s fur. In order for there to be maximum effectiveness, Frontline application should occur once a month.
Frontline Plus with fipronil and methoprene has many features, but the most beneficial include:
- Flea control that combats existing and prevents future flea problems.
- Kills not just fleas but ticks as well, which can carry dangerous Lyme disease.
- Contains special ingredient that also kills flea eggs and larva too.
- Long-lasting results and proven to work in as little as twelve hours.
- It’s waterproof, which allows you to still bathe and groom normally.
- Comes in different sizes and application amounts specially formulated for the size and weight of your dog or cat.
- Approved for use on puppies and kittens as young as eight weeks.
- It’s so safe can even be used on dogs and cats that are currently being bred, are pregnant, or are nursing.
Applying Frontline Plus
In order to use Frontline Plus, the pet owner should apply the liquid at the base of the head, just below the neck of the animal. The product is non-greasy and also smells good. Studies show that very few dogs or cats suffer from any adverse skin reaction after the application of this product, which leads us to safety information on this product.
Frontline Plus receives high marks for safety. Some pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application, but there have been no major reports of health issues.
Pet owners are some of the toughest critics on products. With that being said, we pet owner very quick to point out if a product doesn’t work the way it is supposed to or even worse, harms the health of our dogs or cats. However, the reviews of Frontline Plus are very positive with big marks going to the product’s ability to work quickly and deliver great, long-term results. This is a major difference between Frontline Plus and the brands that can be purchased over the counter in pet stores and which reviewers report having caused major health problems and even death in some of their pets.
While Frontline Plus does cost a little more than some of the other flea preventatives, especially the cheap over the counter products, it is well worth the comfort in knowing that you are not hurting your pets. We definitely give Frontline Plus a “thumbs up” and we believe the life and health of our cats and dogs are well worth it in the long-run.